Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Holidays – 25 days, plus bank holidays. Plus, your birthday off
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
4-day Work Week – trial begins in 2023
Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our seventh year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven, and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Are you our new Associate Editor?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Associate Editor to join and manage our growing content team. We are ‘customer-first’ in our thinking, and you must be too! You will be responsible for all aspects of commercial content creation and will manage a small team of content writers and freelancers.
We work with global technology vendors and business leaders spanning the Unified Communications, Collaboration, Customer Experience, Extended Reality and Digital Workplace sectors. You will work across all the technology titles, but in time you may wish to specialise.
Reporting directly to our Editor-in-Chief, you will be the go-to in the business for customer content. You will have worked within a client-copy environment previously, be used to obtaining and working to a brief, and have some management experience.
You will have excellent communication skills, be an expert at writing in a variety of styles, and ideally have a strong background in journalism or copywriting.
As a Today Digital Associate Editor, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to produce engaging commercial content
- Be responsible for all commercial content produced by the business
- Helping team members to achieve their potential
- Hosting and crafting video discussions
- Manage the content team efficiently
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Able to hit deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a journalist, content writer, or similar
- At least 3 years of experience producing commercial/ sponsored content
- Ability to interrogate customer briefs to achieve desired outcome
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- You’re an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, fast-growing business environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- WordPress CMS
- Monday.com project management software, or similar
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
*Company-supplied equipment includes: PC Computer, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences. (*not available to freelancers)