Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
4 Day Work Week: Monday to Thursday
Holidays – 20 days, plus bank holidays. Total time off per annum = 80 days
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Recommended Read 👀 How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Today Digital: The Story So Far
At Today Digital, we’re redefining the landscape of business technology news. Seven years into our journey, we’re accelerating at an unprecedented pace, driven by our unique digital anatomy. Born in the virtual world, we’ve mastered the art of flexibility and dynamism, essential in today’s fast-paced environment.
Our client base is a testament to our impact – innovative B2B tech brands across the globe, from London to Silicon Valley. What differentiates us? It’s our team – a group of dedicated professionals not bound by conventional work hours, but united by a common goal: results. We value freedom, creativity, and the drive to push boundaries.
We offer our team more than just a job. With benefits like a 4-day work week, private healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and a remote work setup, we ensure they’re well taken care of.
Join us in this exciting phase. We’re not just growing; we’re setting new standards in the industry, with a clear vision, an engaged audience of decision-makers, and a commitment to driving results.
We are looking for content writers to join our growing team and help us achieve our strategic objectives across our publications. Your day-to-day objectives will be to work with our Senior Content Editor to deliver exceptional commercial content.
In this role, you will be required to write long-form and short-form content and will learn to translate the topics and trends that resonate on the platform into content ideas for customers. You will work directly with our content lead on story ideas, how to freshen existing content, and how to craft engaging copy.
You will have excellent communication skills and be adept at writing in a variety of styles to accommodate the content brief.
As a Today Digital Content Writer, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, write, edit, proofread commercial stories
- Refreshing existing commercial content to boost performance
- Working within a team to deliver exceptional service to our customers
- Liaising with the Editorial leads to ensure content is on-brief and relevant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Able to hit deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a relevant field
- 3-5 years’ working experience in a writing role
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- You’re an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, fast-growing business environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.