Remuneration: Salary negotiable, plus performance-related bonus
Holidays – 30 days, plus bank holidays. Plus, your birthday off
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
4-day Work Week – trial begins January 2023
Contracted Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK or USA
Contract Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our fifth year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Are you our New Demand Generation Director?
We are looking for a demand generation director that lives and loves the cutting edge of online marketing. Using first and third-party data to your advantage you’ll help to craft highly targeted and intelligent campaigns for our company and our customers that deliver ROI.
We help B2B tech companies achieve their revenue goals by providing a valuable contribution to their sales and marketing pipeline. As a senior member of our leadership team, you’ll work directly with our clients, fellow executives at multi-national tech companies, and their Content, Creative, and Product Marketing teams — to set strategy and guide execution.
You will also lead a small demand generation team of budding marketers that will inevitably grow as your team delivers customer ROI.
This is an extremely important hire for us and will lead to company-wide growth initiatives.
- Develop and implement the Today Digital Demand Gen monetisation and delivery strategy
- Lead and coach the team responsible for client success and delivery of multichannel client campaigns, including written articles, downloadable assets, video and digital events
- Be a B2B Demand Gen thought leader in the business and analyse the latest trends and technologies to inform your strategy
- Ensure delivery and performance targets are consistently achieved
- Define, measure and report the performance of all demand-generation campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including interactions and engagements metrics
- Deliver best-in-class analysis of campaign performance, continuously improving how we deliver results for clients
- Own and efficiently scale the company’s demand gen budget, allocating spending and optimising a blend of channels to hit targets
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and further develop our data intelligence, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time to maximise results
- Overall responsibility for the governance and ongoing strategy relating to marketing tools and technologies used by the demand gen team
Big picture. Growth at the company is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing.
Data-Centric. You have a data mindset and understand B2B buying personas inside and out
Brand-focused. We work hard to maintain a specific brand mission, this role needs to have that front of mind at all times
Experimental. We are looking for non-traditional thinkers, tinkerers, testers, and innovators
Collaborative. This position will work across all teams, specifically customer success, editorial, events and commercial
Forward Thinking. You don’t only rely on what worked in the past, you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future
The Demand Generation Director assumes overall responsibility for all commercial campaign activities at Today Digital and all trading styles and brands.
As our new Demand Generation Director, you’ll join our senior management team and work with us at a strategic level to drive the business forward.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead a high-performing demand gen and (client success) team
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service and communication
- Build a pipeline of demand gen talent ready to scale the team as required
- Build and manage performance-based relationships with 3rd party technology and demand gen suppliers
- Ensure optimal distribution of content through social media channels to drive reach and engagement benchmarks
- Ensure provision of high-quality lead gen and filtered data for clients
- Report on live campaigns and advising internal clients and agencies on available inventory, ensuring delivery and the potential for repeat revenue
- Consistently optimising campaigns with daily health checks to ensure they achieve agreed benchmarks
- Consistent reporting of progress vs benchmarks
- Providing reliable guidance on campaign optimisation
Additionally, the Demand Generation Director will be responsible for developing our team’s expertise in the following areas:
- Campaign management
- Analytics and reporting
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Email marketing
- Video marketing
- Event marketing
May be required to travel to meetings, events and customer premises nationally and internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Excellent task management and ability to delegate assign tasks
- Position requires some flexibility in working hours
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Masters or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, media, advertising, communications or related field. Minimum 10 years experience in B2B marketing, plus a minimum of 5 years’ extensive experience in demand generation.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to write, read, analyse and interpret reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members and customers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to prepare a marketing budget
- Ability to measure and manage marketing KPIs and performance metrics
- HR best practices and performance management
- Ability to manage and effectively communicate with partner agencies and suppliers
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Company supplied equipment includes: PC, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences.