Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience, plus bonus
Holidays – 25 days, plus bank holidays, plus your birthday off 🎉
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our fifth year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven, and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Are you our New Marketing Director?
We are looking for a creative and analytical Marketing Director that lives and loves the cutting edge of growth marketing but also has our brand front of mind. You’ll be responsible for scaling current channels and generating new opportunities to help grow our business.
We need a highly strategic thinker who is also excited to execute unique campaigns that will allow the company to attract new customer segments. This is an extremely important hire for us and will lead to company-wide growth initiatives.
- Define, measure and report the performance of all paid marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including subscriber acquisition and retention.
- Develop and scale our value proposition across new and wider markets
- Own and efficiently scale the company’s marketing budget, allocating spending and optimising a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and further develop our data intelligence, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Manage and coach the marketing team, while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency and grow the team.
- Lead our most significant marketing projects and campaigns including our annual market guides, virtual expo and conferences and online awards events.
Big picture. Growth at the company is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing.
Brand-focused. We work hard to maintain a specific brand mission, this role needs to have that front of mind at all times.
Experimental. We are looking for non-traditional thinkers, tinkerers, testers, and artists.
Collaborative. This position will work across all teams, specifically customer success, editorial, events and commercial.
Forward Thinking. You don’t only rely on what worked in the past, you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future.
The Marketing Director assumes overall responsibility for marketing and communications at Today Digital and all trading styles and brands.
As our new Marketing Director, you’ll join our senior management team and work with us at a strategic level to drive the business forward.
Main responsibilities include:
- Brand ownership
- Team leadership
- Data intelligence
- Marketing Technology
Additionally, the Marketing Director will be responsible for developing our team’s expertise in the following areas:
- Content marketing
- Web development and UX
- Search engine optimisation
- Social media marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Email marketing
- Video production
- Event marketing
May be required to travel to meetings, events and customer premises nationally and internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Excellent task management and ability to delegate assign tasks
- Position requires some flexibility in working hours
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Masters or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, media, advertising, communications or related field. Minimum 5 years experience in B2B marketing.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to write, read, analyse and interpret reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members and customers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to prepare a marketing budget
- Ability to measure and manage marketing KPIs and performance metrics
- HR best practices and performance management
- Ability to manage and effectively communicate with partner agencies and suppliers
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction-free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Company supplied equipment includes: PC, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences.