Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience, plus commission
Holidays – 25 days, plus national holidays, plus your birthday off 🎉
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in California, USA
Contract Type: Full Time
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our fifth year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Are you the person to fuel our growth in the USA?
We are looking for a driven and ambitious National Sales Director who is excited at the prospect of growing Today Digital revenues in the USA. You’ll be responsible for growing our customer base within the region, helping us to develop a local presence in a key target region.
Hailing from the United Kingdom, Today Digital already has a strong foothold in the USA. We attract more than 1.5 million people to our online publications each year with around 50% of them in North America. Already 25% of our revenue is generated in the USA and with an impressive customer base including the likes of industry leaders Zoom and Five9, the USA looks set to be a buoyant region for Today Digital.
We require a high performing individual who is great at building relationships and growing teams.
- Sell our core products and services into the USA market
- Create a robust pipeline of sales prospects
- Cross-sell to existing customers
- Renewal of customer packages and agreements
- Participate in events and conferences for networking purposes
- Promote specific products as directed by the company
- Achieve and exceed sales quotas
- Cultivate lasting relationships with customers to grow customer loyalty
- Work with customers to better understand their business needs and goals
- Grow, manage and coach a team of sales superstars
- Reporting performance metrics to the senior management team
Driven. We are a fast-growing digital organisation with triple-digit growth 5 years running, we have some ambitious plans and want you to help us achieve them
Thrive under pressure. We work in a fast-paced exciting industry, the ability to manage and thrive under pressure is a must
Collaborative. This position will work across all teams, working in tandem with our editorial team to target accounts and with our customer success team to ensure we deliver exceptional levels of customer service
Sleeves up approach. Rome wasn’t built in a day! We’re looking for an individual who’s not afraid to get stuck in and kick start the growth of a successful team
The National Sales Director will be primarily responsible for growing our revenue and team within the USA.
You’ll work alongside our senior management team in our UK headquarters at a strategic level to drive the business forward in the Americas region.
The products you will be selling include:
- Sponsored Content Packages
- Digital Campaigns
- Sponsorship Packages
- Display Advertising
- Virtual Events
May be required to travel to meetings, events and customer premises nationally and internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Position requires some flexibility in working hours
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in the B2B technology industry
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to write, read, analyse and interpret reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members and customers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to measure and manage sales KPIs and performance metrics
- HR best practices and performance management
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction-free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Company supplied equipment includes: PC, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences.