Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
4 Day Work Week: Monday to Thursday
Holidays – 20 days, plus bank holidays. Total time off per annum = 80 days
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Recommended Read 👀 How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Today Digital: The Story So Far
At Today Digital, we’re redefining the landscape of business technology news. Seven years into our journey, we’re accelerating at an unprecedented pace, driven by our unique digital anatomy. Born in the virtual world, we’ve mastered the art of flexibility and dynamism, essential in today’s fast-paced environment.
Our client base is a testament to our impact – innovative B2B tech brands across the globe, from London to Silicon Valley. What differentiates us? It’s our team – a group of dedicated professionals not bound by conventional work hours, but united by a common goal: results. We value freedom, creativity, and the drive to push boundaries.
We offer our team more than just a job. With benefits like a 4-day work week, private healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and a remote work setup, we ensure they’re well taken care of.
Join us in this exciting phase. We’re not just growing; we’re setting new standards in the industry, with a clear vision, an engaged audience of decision-makers, and a commitment to driving results.
Are you our New Senior Content Writer?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Content Writer to join and manage our growing content team. We are ‘customer-first’ in our thinking, and you must be too! You will be responsible for all aspects of commercial content creation and will manage a small team of content writers and freelancers.
We work with global technology vendors and business leaders spanning the Unified Communications, Collaboration, Customer Experience, Extended Reality and Digital Workplace sectors. You will work across all the technology titles, but in time you may wish to specialise.
Reporting directly to our Editor-in-Chief, you will be the go-to in the business for customer content. You will have worked within a client-copy environment previously, be used to obtaining and working to a brief, and have some management experience.
You will have excellent communication skills, be an expert at writing in a variety of styles, and ideally have a strong background in journalism or copywriting.
As a Today Digital Senior Content Writer, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to produce engaging commercial content
- Be responsible for all commercial content produced by the business
- Helping team members to achieve their potential
- Hosting and crafting video discussions
- Manage the content team efficiently
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Able to hit deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a journalist, content writer, or similar
- At least 3 years of experience producing commercial/ sponsored content
- Ability to interrogate customer briefs to achieve desired outcome
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- You’re an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, fast-growing business environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- WordPress CMS
- Monday.com project management software, or similar
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
*Company-supplied equipment includes: PC Computer, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences. (*not available to freelancers)