Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Holidays – 25 days, plus bank holidays. Plus, your birthday off
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our fifth year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
Are you our new Technology Journalist?
We are looking for a technology journalist to join our growing team and help report on the technology vendors, service providers and business leaders leading this exciting sector.
Reporting directly to our managing editor, you will be responsible for covering editorial and sponsored content stories. A technical background is not essential, but curiosity and enthusiasm for business technology are vital.
You will have excellent communication skills and be adept at writing in a variety of styles to accommodate the content brief.
As a Today Digital journalist, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, write, edit, proofread news stories, features and articles
- Reading press releases, interviewing sources and verifying statements and facts
- Liaising with the Editorial team for new assignments
- Working with customers on sponsored content
- Attending events (virtual and live) when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Able to hit deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a journalist or reporter
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- You’re an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, fast-growing business environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction-free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
*Company supplied equipment includes: PC Computer, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences. (*not available to freelancers)