Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Holidays – 25 days, plus bank holidays. Plus, your birthday off 🎉
Work Perks – Private healthcare, wellness programme, rewards and discounts + more
Hours of Work: 9-5 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Homeworking position, based in the UK
Contract Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Today Digital: The Story So Far
Committed to changing the way people find, consume, and share information about business technology, Today Digital has been innovating since day one. We’re now in our fifth year of trading, and our growth levels are accelerating at an incredible rate.
There are many things that make our business different, but one of our main differentiators is our digital anatomy. We were born in the virtual world, and we continue to operate in the same flexible environment today.
Our customers are exciting and innovative tech brands that value what we do. They span the globe from London to Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Values Define Us
We’ve developed a sensational team of dedicated individuals; all committed to helping the business thrive.
At Today Digital, we’re not about watching the clock or measuring workdays. Our focus is on results. Our employees work hard, but they maintain the freedom to work when, how, and wherever they choose.
We’re big on developing ideas, creating new plans, and setting goals that help us to move towards a brighter future.
We’re a fun crowd of people, we’re driven and we self-start.
Your Days with Today Digital
Work perks include private healthcare, a full wellness programme, rewards, work from home equipment allowance, and a selection of in-person social events.
We might be virtual, but we’re not distant. We embrace the latest technology and work styles, which means that we can collaborate constantly and effectively.
Today Digital is fast-paced and we’re going places. If you’re looking to advance your career, work from anywhere and learn from other talented and motivated people, then we might be a perfect match.
Recommended Read 👀 – How to Land a Job at Today Digital (PDF)
The Content Marketer is responsible for the creation, posting and promotion of online content across the company’s multiple brands and business units.
They will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Managing Editor to achieve their assigned tasks.
As a Content Marketer at Today Digital, you’ll assist with internal and external content marketing tasks, editorial duties, campaigns and projects. This a varied role, which includes:
- Publishing Content (written, podcast and video)
- Content optimisation and SEO
- Filming, photography, video/image editing and production
- Weekly newsletter
- Campaign creation and execution – set up and delivery of email marketing campaigns
- Social media posting
- Regular posting and promotion of day-to-day news content across all publications
- Ongoing administration and promotion of the company’s virtual event platform
- Set up and management of our customer-related promotional campaigns
Minimal, however, on occasion you may be required to travel to meetings, events and customer premises nationally and internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Excellent task management and ability to execute assigned tasks
- Position requires flexibility in working hours
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in media, marketing, advertising, journalism, communications or related field
- Preferred: Previous experience in content marketing and news publishing
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to quality check content
Other Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- WordPress administration
- Social Media channel management
- Email Marketing platforms
- Social Advocacy platforms
- CS Suite – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier
This is a home working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment;
- Broadband Internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction-free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Company supplied equipment includes: PC/Mac Computer, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences.